Friday, January 16, 2009

Vision

Several years ago, I sat with six other high school students and two teachers. We had agreed to meet once every month to pray about missions and encourage each other as we went out into the world to share the gospel with others. I never knew why I went to those meetings, the call to "go into all the world and preach the good news" did not seem to be my job. I was ready to support all the others there who were ready to go, but I was never excited about me being sent to another country to share Jesus with the people there.Today I am sitting in the capital of Albania. I have been here three weeks and have fallen in love with the people here. I've shared my faith and the gospel with students from private and public universities here. My heart longs for Valbona, to come to know Christ. Tomorrow will see me headed out of Albania, but I long for what we have done here to continue. I long for the students we have met, debated with, prayed for, and come to love to know Jesus. These are some of the best people I have ever met.Now as I am leaving, I realize that I can have a part in missions outside the U.S. and that it is amazing! This year I want to pursue the opportunity to create more ways for student's at my college to be able to come to countries like Albania and to study abroad here, but with the purpose of also sharing the gospel. There is so much more work to be done here and I am excited to see how I can play a role. I think that God has finally given me a clear vision of what I can do. With prayer and faith I continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment